2021 Art Calendar Contest
CAPNM is sponsoring its 3rd Annual Art Contest within Flathead, Lake, Lincoln, and Sanders Counties and we are inviting all middle/high school and elementary school students to participate. The contest is for students to submit art work depicting what energy conservation means to them. We encourage students to be creative and design a work of art showing any type of Energy Conservation; electric, water, heat, recycling, etc. A twelve-month calendar created from the 13 winning pieces will be used to promote Energy Conservation throughout the year. The cover and each month will be represented by a different student’s art work.
Entries must be postmarked or submitted to CAPNM’s main office in Kalispell by May 15, 2021. Winners will be announced and prizes will be given out no later than June 1, 2021. Students with the 13 pieces of art work selected for the calendar will each receive a $50 gift card and the student’s teacher will receive a $25 gift card (limit one gift card per teacher). CAPNM reserves the right to extend the deadline date of the contest, depending on number of submissions.
Students should create art using any variety of mediums (graphic design, paintings, drawings, photography, etc.) of how they view Energy Conservation in their community. If possible an Energy Conservation tip should be included. Here are some examples, but feel free to create your own tip:
Turn down your thermostat at night & when you’re not home.
Set your water heater to “low” or 120 degrees.
Unplug electrical devices when not in use.
Clean or replace furnace filters monthly during the heating season.
Shortening showers to 7 minutes saves about $60 per person per year compared to 15 minute showers.
2. Each picture is required to have the artist’s name, grade, age, school and teacher’s name on the back. However, only the students first name, grade and city will appear within the calendar once printed.
3. Entries are to be submitted on standard (8 ½ x 11) size paper, however computer printouts will be accepted (color preferred). (This size ensures that no part of the picture is cut off when it is reduced to calendar size).
4. CAPNM will choose thirteen pictures from the participating schools submissions to create our 2022 Energy Conservation calendars. These calendars will be mass produced, and distributed throughout NW Montana.
5. The 13 student’s whom have art work selected for our 2022 CAPNM calendar will each receive a $50 gift card and the student’s teacher will receive a $25 gift card (limit one gift card per teacher). Once calendars are completed ALL winning students and teachers will receive a calendar.
6. All entries are due on or before May 15, 2021 and prizes will be rewarded by June 1, 2021. CAPNM reserves the right to extend the contest deadline, and add written conservation content to selected art work if need be.
-Submissions need to be mailed or delivered to: Community Action Partnership of NW MT, Attn: Jackson Diaz, PO Box 8300, Kalispell, MT 59904
7. All entries become the property of Community Action Partnership of NW MT. By submitting art
work students and their parents agree to all the guidelines above.
For more information, call CAPNM at 406-758-5432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.